5 Key Aspects to Consider In The Website Redesigning
A website is the destination of your online business, and you should make sure your website is well-designed and compliant with the existing SEO guidelines. Year after year, new technologies, software, and ranking algorithms are introduced, which force website owners to make the necessary design changes.
If you are a website owner who is contemplating a website redesign, this article discusses five vital factors that you should consider for redesigning a website.
A Responsive Website Redesigning
A clunky, laggy, and unresponsive design can turn off the visitors in the blink of an eye. On the other hand, a beautiful looking website that responds to the touches and actions immediately hook in the visitors. Moreover, Google has made it clear that a responsive design that increases session time would be one of the significant ranking factors.
Good website redesigning includes a clutter-free interface with plenty of white spaces and small but visible navigation buttons. A website with symmetric and well-organized pages catch the eye of all users and make an excellent first impression. A responsive design Also includes different landing pages optimized according to various devices that can give your website a significant boost in traffic, average session time, and rankings.
Summarizing, your website needs to satisfy these parameters for attaining an excellent, responsive design that impresses your visitors and improves your Google rankings.
- Beautiful design
- A lot of white spaces with small navigation icons
- Diverse landing pages
Apart from responsive design, a website should be compatible with all small screen and large screen devices. Around 50 percent of the total internet traffic is mobile traffic, and Google, in one of its recent algorithm updates, has mentioned that mobile compatibility is going to be one of the significant ranking factors for websites.
Therefore, your website should be well-optimized for mobile, tablet, and other small-screen devices. A website can be optimized for mobile devices by several methods like:
- Updating robot.txt file
- Updating the CSS code
- Using mobile-optimization plugins
- Creating a mobile version for your website
Speed and Performance
Suppose you typed a search query on Google and clicked on one of the displayed search results. You've been waiting for ten seconds, but the page does not load. What will you do? Unless you are not a regular visitor to that website, you leave it in a flash. This behavior is standard and applied to all the users; therefore, a website must load fast.
The design of the website plays a vital role in determining its speed and performance. If a website has a dense, clumsy design with a lot of content, pictures, and videos on every page, it takes more time to load. On the other hand, if a website has a sleek and responsive design with minimal content and compressed images, it loads faster.
Luckily, you can access a lot of free tools like GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights that allow you to determine a website's load speed and tips to improve it.
Some tips to improve your website's load speed and performance are:
- Design plays a vital role in determining your website's load speed. Your website design should be minimal, with only necessary items and pieces of information on the page.
- The presence of excessive multi-media elements like high-quality images and videos can significantly reduce the load speed of a website. Try reducing videos and pictures on your website, and compress the photos if they are relevant and provide the necessary information.
- If your website does not have appropriate storage, bandwidth limit, or a right hosting provider, it affects its loading speed. Make sure to check these factors if your website takes time to load.
- Check your website's speed and performance regularly and act upon the recommended fixes and suggestions.
Accounts and Social Media Integration
Social media integration enables you to multiply the number of visitors visiting your website without putting in any extra effort. Adding share buttons on your website allows your visitors to instantly share your content with their friends and family, which improves your reach, traffic, and rankings.
Adding your social media handles on the website can help you connect better with your audience and allows you to share content on different platforms and in various forms. Providing an option to register and login on your website enables you to provide your users with personalized user experience, which is essential for building trust and improving brand reputation. You can further simplify the login process by providing the feature of logging in directly from social media accounts.
Social media and account integration can help you in the following ways.
- It allows your visitors to share your content over different platforms.
- It enables you to connect your visitors with your social media handles.
- It enables you to provide your users with personalized user experience.
Analytics tools allow you to analyze the performance of your website and make necessary improvements. Different websites have different visitors of varying age, gender, country, device, and more. Analytics tools like Google Analytics and Monster Insights allow you to access all the information about your visitors, enabling you to understand their behavior and requirements.
Analytics tools also allow you to track conversions, funnel performance, session time, bounce back rate, back off rate, and other necessary information that can be vital for improving your website's performance.
Some advantages of using analytics tools are:
- It provides in-depth information (demographics) about the visitors.
- It identifies the underperforming areas of your website, helping you take targeted actions.
- It enables you to analyze your conversions, backoffs, bounce back rate, and average session time.
- It helps you optimize your campaigns and strategies according to the visitors.
Website design is a significant ranking factor for websites as a responsive website design that provides visitors with a better experience. Although a good website design includes other elements like logo design & positioning and widget optimization as well, the aspects discussed above play a key role in determining the overall design and performance of your website.
People are also reading: